Center for Equality Advancement (CEA)
Center for Equality Advancement (CEA) is a non-governmental nonprofit organisation founded in Vilnius in July 2003. Currently its shareholders are the Office of the Equal Opportunities Ombudsman and NGO Kaunas Women’s Employment and Information Center.
CEA activities present a continuation of the Open Society Fund-Lithuania Women’s programme that was active in 1997-2002, expanding its scope in an attempt to unite the activities of governmental and nongovernmental organizations working in the field of gender equality in Lithuania .
CEA was established with a goal to strengthen civil society in Lithuania by:
- Promoting consolidation of equal rights for women and men and their implementation;
- Strengthening democracy in the country through the implementation of means encouraging equal representation of women and men’s interest’s in decision-making processes;
- Promoting values of open democratic society through encouraging gender dialogue;
- Changing negative stereotypes of women and men, age groups, national, ethnical minorities, the disabled and other social groups in the society;
- Development and promotion of gender equality ideas;
- Encouraging communication and cooperation of state and municipal institutions and bodies, educational institutions, science and study institutions and non-governmental organizations and through the development of joint projects and programmes in the area of equal opportunities.